After Ger posted his A to Z about himself (which is a very nice and funny read), I was wondering if I could do it. Well, here is my try.
- A – Artistic. A little bit actually. Have you seen my drawing of Mickey Mouse ?
- B – Bookish. During my under and post graduation, if I am not in my class, people could find me in the library. I even knew which book was in which section. I love the feel of the books and library was my sanctuary. Disclaimer: Being in love with books doesn’t make me geeky or smart.
- C – Curious. Never get me curious about anything. I go to extreme lengths to at least know what they are. Sometimes it is good, but most times its bad. That is how I happened to read Fifty Shades of Grey. [sigh]
- D – Diary. The first time I ever wrote one, I got caught and I had written something in it when I was upset with my parents. The diary was confiscated and I got an earful. After that the only reason I owned a few diaries were to write the lyrics of the songs I wanted to learn and to write poems and stories I read & liked, total non personal stuff.
- E – Eldest. I am the eldest of the three and I am really happy about it, but sometimes it makes me pull my hair out because I have to be the most responsible one in the family. That really sucks.
- F – Flying. I love flying, even though I am afraid of heights. When the rates were cheaper like 1000 Rs per ticket between my current place and my home town , I used to always travel by flights, used it like a bus service to the next stop.
- G – Grand Canyon. I freaking love this place. I did the helicopter ride there to do the boat ride and it was just awesome. But I made a huge scene when I had to do the sky walk thing. Totally freaked out. But would go back there any time. Any time at all.
- H – Hufflepuff. This is the house Pottermore’s sorting hat put me in 😦 I so wanted to be part of Gryffindor. It goes without saying I am a Huge Harry Potter fan.
- I – Icecreams. I love them but can’t have them enough because of my allergies. But I do sneak in from time to time. Especially a butterscotch or vanilla with the chocolate sauce and some choco chips, almonds & tutti frutti sprinkled on it and some honey dripping on top. And nope, I never share ice creams or chocolates. If I ever do, beware of my intentions 😉
- J – Jeeno. The name of our dog who is no more. He was named after a robot dog from a Tamil novel ‘En Iniya Iyandira‘ (meaning- My Dear Machine) I loved him to pieces and after him swore off pets because I cannot handle the heart ache of losing them.
- K – Klutz. If you have followed my injuries over the past year, you would know that I am a total klutz. I broke the pinky finger of my leg in the sofa while trying to get up from it.
- L – Long Island Ice Tea. One of my favorite cocktail drinks. My friends always make sure they share mine because if I am buzzed, I get awfully quiet and calm and very boring and all Zen like (even though everyone thinks I am snoozing).
- M – Mobbish. My driving is considered lawless and rash by general consensus (of friends). My family still has some hope left. So I don’t have a choice other than to accept it. But (touch wood) so far I haven’t had caused or been in any accidents. Yet, no one gives me their new cars to drive 😦
- N – Noetic. I am attracted to people who have noetic sense, because I have none. Opposites attract right?
- O – Oz. A place that has been on my travel list along with Angkor Wat & Ireland for quite sometime, which I am yet to cover.
- P – Photography. Easiest and coolest way to hide from everyone: get behind the camera. I hate to stand for photographs but I love taking them.
- Q – Quirky. I have too many quirks to my list. One thing to list here. I say Good morning to ‘Sun’ every day I go out in the morning. Its like a thing between me and Sun. I was a little upset today because I didn’t see him.
- R – Romantic. Recently my friends said that I am the most romantic person in our group (and not because of the romance books I read). Am yet to find out why they came to that conclusion.
- S – Singer. I love singing and am a fairly good singer. Learnt classical for 6 months when I was very very young and left it. Classical is so not for me. But singing helped me in my stuttering a lot.
- T – Tea. My day doesn’t start at all until and unless I have had my morning cup of Tea. I won’t be grouchy but will not be too amicable either.
- U – Upbeat. I am a very upbeat and positive person. Might be because of my blood group too (b+ve).
- V – Vegetarian. “Muy soy vegetariano, no carne, no pescado, no huevo” – This is something I have learnt to say in Spanish when I was in Mexico for a month and recently in Spain. And I have had people look at me as if I am a poor being to eat only the veggies. Only three words: Elephants are vegetarians.
- W – Wonderment. I love to travel because it always makes me look at the world in wonder. Even the path we take daily, when we look closely gives you something to wonder every day.
- X – Xenial. Especially to people who are new to my environment, be it my team or my family. As much as I feel shy to start a conversation, if I feel that the other person is new and needs a helping hand, my mode automatically switches.
- Y – Yappy. My mother considers me a yappy person if I misplace something and am not able to find it. And sadly, mothers are always right, at least most of the times.
- Z – Zumba. I have been going to Zumba classes along with yoga for a few months now and since I like dancing , but am very shy about dancing before another person, Zumba gives me a way to do it camouflaged as workouts.
So, how did I do it? What do you think of me after reading this ? Can I use this in my About page or will it be too tacky?
22 thoughts on “A,B,C…here is something about me.”
A great list. And I don’t see why you couldn’t use this as your About page. I hadn’t even thought of that. And you are the first one to do your own list after mine! Well done.
Thank you Ger for the idea and the prompt.
And you made it yours. It’s a great post.
That’s nice of you to say so. Thank you.
This is fantastic!! And I think it would be a fun way to let the world know About you 🙂 and I hope you don’t mind, but I’m totally using this format for an upcoming post!
Thank you 🙂 Sure go ahead. I got it from Ger anyways.
I love the post and the honesty of your descriptions. 😉 And thumbsup for the About page idea.
And your ‘K for Klutz’ description brings to my mind this image that I saw just yesterday — http://i.imgur.com/22YfVro.jpg
Oh God!!! You did not ping me that image But yes, that is sort of how it happened. Should I be glad that I am not alone ? 😉
Thank you Anita 🙂 It was fun to write.
Hufflepuff is a great house to be in. Smile 🙂
🙂 Actually it is
It’s a great list. It makes me want to do one of my own. And I just might. But I have 3 blogs. Shall I put the same list on all of them?
Thank you 🙂 You definitely should. Why not ?
Well then. I have. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog! If you have any suggestions, requests or travel questions just let me know! I’m on my way over to your blog to see what you are up to! Love the Quirky for Q! CadyLuckLeedy
Thank you for the visit. Will definitely check your blog and let you know 🙂
This is a great post about you! Loved it! 🙂
Ha ha. Glad it was fun.
[…] did tell you earlier that I try to be a little artistic , even if I am pathetic. So this is what happened. Remember the […]
[…] to fly and sing and dance in wonderment […]
[…] You can read all about it under this post titled What’s In a Name? She also has a great A-Z page about herself, as well as information on her ABOUT page. You should check them both out! She […]