Now that the snow has come and gone, it was interesting how this song came up immediately when I tuned to an internet radio 😉 and it was titled ‘I Melt with you’ by Modern English and had a subtext ‘After the Snow’ 😀
I thought long and hard (first time I had to do that since I started taking part in this prompt) and finally decided to go with this.
Some personal questions and answers:
- (My Manager) What is the status of the work today?
(After the first half of the day lost in the conference call and the next half trying to actually figure out what to do and having my lunch and tea time in between and with down time with my friends etc etc. Well, actually nothing really happened. But what do I answer him at night? ) I am almost done with the design that we discussed in the morning, I will send an update by end of day (that which never comes).
- (My Niece) When are you coming home ?
Soon dear, I am there for almost 4-5 days next month during the holidays.
- (My friends) When will you learn that we are pulling your leg and stop defending yourself ?
May be never. Half of my life I had to defend each of my action to someone. So it became an habit. But I am really trying. Watch me next time (But again I fall for their good nature ribbing)
- (My fitness acquaintance) You look fit and healthy. Why do you even have to join the gym or any fitness class?
Because I don’t feel fit that is why and yes, I have been trying to shed that 6 extra kilos for almost 7 years now.
- (My nephew) What are you planning to get for me when you come ?
The same red car that I have been getting you forever.
Well, enough of the same boring personal ones. Here are some funny questions and their answers (read these in the Internet of course):
- Why is the word abbreviation so long?
To demonstrate the need for it 🙂 duh!!!
- What is the funny and ultimate irony ?
I read a lot of answers to it, but the one I liked was
The doctor hopes you fall ill ,
The police hopes you become a criminal ,
The lawyer hopes you get into trouble ,
The coffin maker wants you dead .
Only a thief wishes you prosperity !!
- If Cinderella’s shoe fit properly, why did they fall off while running ?
Because heels are not made for running.
- Have you considered that the phrase “IGNORE ALL THE RULES!”…is a rule itself ?
- When you talk to yourself, who is talking to whom?
No one had a proper answer for this. Can you please let me now when you do, because I do that a lot of times.
And with that we come to the end. What do you think ? Did you enjoy my take on the prompt? Do you have any questions that you would like to add ?
Post for this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Your Friday prompt for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness post is, end your post with a question. Extra points if you fit an exclamation mark somewhere in the body of your post.